This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Nestled on the bank high above Cooyar Creek, this free camp is named after the suspension bridge located at the parkland. The creek is home to platypus, and there is an abundance of birdlife to enjoy from your camp.
This quiet and spacious park offers both powered (donation) and unpowered sites, an electric BBQ, several covered seating areas and rubbish bins. Toilet facilities are a short stroll away at the Memorial Park across from the pub.
Enjoy a meal at the nearby pub or McCoy’s Cafe which are all an easy walk from the park, or take a drive to discover more of the local Cooyar area.
Address: 2 Fergus Street, Cooyar QLD 4402
Wikicamps link: https://au.wikicamps.co/site/16164/26981527
Cost: FREE for unpowered, OR powered available for a small fee. Donations encouraged.
- Limited powered sites available (small fee payable at the pub)
- Spacious campground for unpowered sites
- Flushing toilets (located across at the Memorial Park)
- Rubbish bins
- Picnic tables
- Telstra phone reception
- TV reception
- Children’s playground
- Suitable for 2WD, caravans, camper trailers, motorhomes, buses and tents
Discover Cooyar & Surrounds
- Things To Do In Cooyar
- Things To Do In Crows Nest
- Top 5 Things To Do In Toowoomba With Kids
- Things To Do In Chinchilla
- 10 Reasons To Visit The Bunya Mountains