This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
First licensed in 1864, the Nindigilly Pub is Queensland’s oldest hotel, still in its original condition and located on the banks of the Moonie River.
Address: Sternes Street, Nindigully QLD 4497
Wikicamps link: https://au.wikicamps.co/site/68612/28354530
Caravans and campers are welcome to set up in front of the pub alongside the river, or roll swags out on the verandahs, and rooms are available in the pub. Public showers and toilets are available for travellers to use for free. As you can see from our photos, there had been quite a bit of rain and parts of the campground were quite boggy and unsuitable for camping at the time.
- Non-drinking water
- Flushing toilets
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dump point
- Picnic tables
- Rubbish bins
- Gas available
- Fire pits allowed (except during local fire bans)
- Swimming and fishing are allowed in the Moonie River
- Telstra phone reception
- Suitable for 2WD, caravans, camper trailers, motorhomes, buses and tents, otherwise rooms are available at the pub
The Nindigully Pub also featured as the location for the Boomerang Cafe in the Australian movie ‘Paperback Hero’, which stars Hugh Jackman and Claudia Karvan.
Nindigully Pub is also renown for it’s famous, 5kg ‘Road Train’ burgers – we shared one as a family of 5, and still didn’t manage to eat it all! The beer garden is a lovely spot to pass an afternoon with drinks, meals and live music while the kids keep themselves busy over at the playground.
Discover Nindigully Pub & Surrounds
- Thallon Recreation Campground – FREE CAMP
- Visit Thallon: The Best Things To Do In Thallon, QLD
- The Best Things To Do In St George, QLD
- Pelican Rest Tourist Park – St George, QLD
- The Best Things To Do In Goondiwindi, QLD
- Goondiwindi Showgrounds – Goondiwindi, QLD
- Lake Coolmunda Campground – Coolmunda, QLD