This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Located only 5kms from the township of Tullah, the Lake Mackintosh campground offers free camping in tranquil surroundings.
We ventured onto the shoreline near the first boat ramp for our stay, otherwise there is a large, flat, and spacious area back up near the road.
Mackintosh Dam is stocked with brown and rainbow trout, and there are 2 boat ramps available for anglers. A licence is required to fish here.
Pets are permitted. There are no facilities provided, so campers need to be self-contained and take all rubbish when they leave. No camping in tents is allowed.
Address: Mackintosh Dam Road, Tullah, Tasmania
- Self-contained vehicles only
- Pets allowed
- Campfires permitted (except during fire bans)
- Fishing (licence required)
- Walking trails
- Telstra & Optus reception
- TV reception
- Suitable for 2WD, caravans, camper trailers, motorhomes, and buses. No tents allowed.