This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
Lake Coolmunda campground offers low-cost, unpowered camping on the shores of Lake Coolmunda (otherwise called Coolmunda Dam) just 15kms east of Inglewood. The dam is popular for watersports and fishing, and while it can get busy during peak periods, the campground is quite large, so you won’t feel crowded.
The campground is gated, so you’ll have to stop at the Lake Coolmunda Caravan Park just up the road to pay the camping fee and pick up an access key.
Address: 248 Coolmunda Access Road, Coolmunda, QLD
Wikicamps link: https://au.wikicamps.co/site/164116/28422697
Cost: $10 per adult, $5 per child, per night.
- Non-drinking water
- Flushing toilets
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dump point
- Picnic tables
- Rubbish bins
- Gas available
- Generators allowed
- Fishing and water sports
- Boat ramp
- Telstra & Optus phone reception
- Suitable for 2WD, caravans, camper trailers, motorhomes, buses and tents
Discover The Darling Downs
- The Best Things To Do In Chinchilla
- Top 5 Things To Do In Toowoomba With Kids
- The Best Things To Do In Thallon
- Nindigully Pub
- The Sunset Way – Tara to Surat, QLD
- The Best Things To Do In Goondiwindi, QLD
- The Best Things To Do In St George, QLD