2018 New Age Gecko 16BE Enduro
- Full ensuite with separate shower & toilet
- Triple bunks
- Queen-size east-west bed – simply pop up the front hatch and it folds straight down!
- Full kitchen with microwave, fridge and 3-burner gas stovetop
- L-shaped dinette
- Dometic reverse cycle air conditioner
- Stereo System
- All windows fitted with roller fly-screens and roller block-out blinds
- 2 x roof hatches with roller fly-screens and block-out blinds.
- Additional tap on drawbar
- 2 x 80L water tanks
- Full-sized awning
- Full-length tunnel boot storage
- ALKO electric brakes
- ALKO Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Independent suspension
- DO35 Hitchmaster hitch, secured with Kovix alarmed trailer lock
- External outdoor drop-down table
- 2 x 9kg Gas Bottles – to run the fridge, BBQ, stovetop & hot water system
- Permanent solar panels on roof
- Redarc BCDC 1240D 3-stage Battery Charger
- Redarc Inverter
- BM-1 Battery Management System with digital gauge
- Anderson plug to the car to run fridge whilst driving
- Added a 12V/240V TV/DVD, mounted on a Camec TV swing arm bracket.
- Installed 4 x 12-volt Sirocco fans, hardwired in (one for each bed).
- Anti-slip matting in all cupboards.
- Added a door roller blind.
- Added a Navigator Kids Pocket Buddy to the foot of each bunk, so the kids can easily store their water bottles, books and ‘treasures’ each night.
- Added a removable marine carpet mat to the door entry.
- Installed a tea towel rail to the underside of top kitchen cupboards – now the tea towel and dishcloth hang out of the way to dry.
- Purchased 2 ottomans for extra dining seating – these simply tuck away underneath the dining table when not in use.
- Jerry can holder installed on the rear bumper.
OTHER GEAR WE LOVE AND USE:
- Ampfibian RV02 MAX 15A to 10A Adapter Converter – no matter where we are, we can plug into a regular powerpoint thanks to this handy, weatherproof converter.
- Weisshorn 40L portable water tank – we don’t have a grey water tank installed on the van, so use this when we stay somewhere that requires us to contain our grey water.
- Adventure Kings portable steel fire pit.
- T-Rex motorised jockey wheel – this handy device lets us easily park the van in a tight spot at home!
- Caravan mat for the awning area from Recycled Mats.
2008 Toyota Prado GXL wagon – we chose not to upgrade our super-reliable Prado which we happen to own outright. Instead, we bought a caravan that the Prado is legally capable of towing and simply added a few simple modifications.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT OUR SET-UP:
- We can set up or pack up in less than 5 minutes!
- Having an onboard ensuite is a lifesaver with 3 young kids.
- Having a kitchen inside, especially in bad weather.
- Having permanently made beds – yes, even the front fold-down bed! It’s as simple as pulling the doona and pillows to the side and then folding-up the bed and closing the hatch.
- Being able to pull over on the side of the road and access whatever we need from the van, whether it’s to make lunch or use the toilet.
- We’ve never run out of power.
- We can free camp as often as we like!
- The 16ft length of the van means it’s compact to tow with our Prado and store when not in use, yet spacious enough inside for our family of five.