Who doesn’t like pizza?! These are a quick and tasty alternative to sandwiches for the kids’ lunchboxes, the topping combinations are endless, and they also freeze well for those busy mornings when you need to simply just throw the lunchboxes together and get out the door.
1 quantity dough (click here for recipe)
2 tbs tomato paste
1 – 2 tsp hot water
Pinch of dried mixed herbs
Pinch of sugar
1 cup toppings of your choice, finely diced (ham, pineapple, capsicum, onion, bacon, chicken, mushroom, etc)
1 & 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
1/4 cup grated tasty cheese, extra
- Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out dough on a large piece of well-floured baking paper (the baking paper makes it easier to roll the dough) to approx 25cm x 30 cm.
- In a small bowl or jug, mix the tomato paste, 1 tsp hot water, mixed herbs and sugar. Add more hot water if needed to form a thin (but not watery), spreadable pizza sauce. Spread the sauce over the dough evenly.
- Spread toppings of choice evenly over the dough, then spread the cheese.
- Using the baking paper, carefully roll the dough up from one long side until filling is completely enclosed and you have formed a long log.
- Using a sharp knife, cut log into 12 even pieces and place each scroll onto the baking tray. Top each scroll with extra cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until scrolls are golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
Makes 12 scrolls.
Like these? Try these Sweet Potato Scrolls for a delicious treat!